Best Christmas Light Displays In and Around Cincinnati, Ohio
Everything about Christmas is magical — the lights, presents, Santa Claus.
Everything (well, except yellow snow, I suppose).
A favorite American pastime in winter is to ogle at Christmas lights, and it’s even more enjoyable when it shows up on someone else’s electricity bill. Whether you’re looking for inspiration, or to witness magic, these Christmas light displays will leave you believing.
Check out some favorite Christmas light displays and events here in and around Cincinnati, Ohio, where it is perfectly socially acceptable for a grown man to be a kid again. Even for one night.
The Best Christmas Light Displays in and Around Cincinnati, Ohio
PNC Festival of Lights
Cincinnati Zoo + Botanical Garden
3400 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Saturday, November 16- January 4, 2020
Sundays-Thursdays open until 9PM
Fridays and Saturdays open until 10PM
Festival included with price of zoo admission.
Purchase your tickets here: https://ticketstore.cincinnatizoo.org/zoo-admission/
Children + Seniors: $9-12
- 37th Annual Festival
- Over 3 million LED lights
- MadCap Black-Light Puppet Show
- Ride the Toyland Express
- Check out the Wild Lights show on Swan Lake
- 2 Smores’ n More Stands
Christmas Nights of Lights
6201 Kellogg Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45230
November 8, 2019 – January 5, 2020
Dusk to 10:00 P.M.
Extended hours on weekends.
$6 per person
Children 3 and under are free
- Tunnels of Lights
- Dancing Candy Canes
- Enjoy the lights from your warm car
- Snowflake lights everywhere
- Music synchronized to every display
Holiday in Lights
Sharon Woods (25 minutes North of Cincinnati)
11450 Lebanon Road
Sharonville, OH 45241
6 PM-9 PM Sunday-Thursday
5:30 PM-10 PM Friday & Saturday
$15 per car
$45 for buses + 15-passenger vans
- Enjoy from your car
- Over 1 million lights
- Over 250 light displays
- 28-Year Tradition
- Portion of proceeds go to Hands Against Hunger
- New this year: Pixel light displays, special effects glasses (which are always cool) and tons more lighted trees
Macy’s Downtown Dazzle
Fifth and Vine Streets
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Saturday, November 30
Saturday, December 7
Saturday, December 14
Saturday, December 21
Event starts at 5:30PM
Santa arrives at 6:30PM
- Santa rappels off the Macy’s building downtown (Betcha didn’t know he could do that, did you?)
- Not only is the square filled with lights, the sky too! Fireworks courtesy of Rozzi Fireworks
- 10:00AM to 10:00PM ice skate at the UC Health Ice Rink
- Shop during Winter Market at Fountain Square
- Free photos with Santa at the Carew Tower
Hopefully, you are able to share at least one of these magical experiences with your family.
I want to leave you with this sage wisdom: Take stock of your Christmas lights, and dare to dream bigger. Dare to become bigger. While you’re doing this, check out Becoming Clark Griswold: How to Decorate Your House without Blowing Your Budget and Circuits.